Why join Nevis Cooperative Credit Union?
When you become a member of Nevis Co-operative Credit Union, you join a cooperative that is 5000 plus members strong. NCCU is a leading credit union offering the same products, services and stability you’d find at a traditional bank.
The Credit Union Difference
Doing business with the Nevis Cooperative Credit Union gives you more advantage than other institutions. Best of all, you’re a part owner of the credit union-which means that earnings are paid back to you, not stockholders. We offer higher dividends and low interest rates. NCCU is a not-for-profit organization that proudly serves the community and supports local organizations throughout Nevis.
Membership & What you need to know
- Please note that all persons desirous of opening an account with the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited (hereinafter referred to as the NCCU) must be over sixteen (16) years of age and must first apply for Membership of the Credit Union, prior to being allowed to open an account. If the membership application is accepted, then an account shall be opened.
- The Co-operative Societies Act 2011 section 26 (2) (a) and the Credit Unions’ By-laws restricts applicants for membership of the entity to residents and citizens of St. Kitts & Nevis.
- Please note that though a person sixteen (16) years of age and under cannot become a member of the Credit Union or open an account a Custodial Account can be opened in their name by their Custodian
- As a regulated financial institution, we are required to obtain, verify record and maintain accurate customer information as is required under the ‘Know your customer policy’ as set out in the National Anti-Money Laundering Regulations. As a result all new account holders and account managers must provide information that identifies each person who opens or manages an account as captioned below.
Documents required to apply for membership
1. Valid Photo Identification – any two of the following documents will be accepted:
The document presented must have an expiry date of at least six months from the current date.
2. Proof of address – any one of the following is required:
All documents should not be more than 3 months/90 days old and will only be accepted if it states the applicant’s residential address.
3. Proof of income – any one of the following is required:
This document should be addressed to the General Manager of the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
6. Membership qualifying shares requirement is $500.00
7. Please note that additional requirements may apply any time.
8. Tattered or defaced documents will not be accepted.