The Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited (NCCU) is a locally owned and operated Co-operative Financial Institution (CFI) which provides a suite of financial products and services for its shareholders or members, while contributing to social development in the community.
The Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited (NCCU) is a locally owned and operated Co-operative Financial Institution (CFI) which provides a suite of financial products and services for its shareholders or members, while contributing to social development in the community. The NCCU was initially registered as the Civil Service Co-operative Credit Union (CSCCU) in 1965, and was re-registered as the Charlestown Co-operative Credit Union (CCCU) in 1966. The NCCU opened its bond to the entire island of Nevis in 1972 and was finally re-registered on 25th July of the same year. Since then, the NCCU has progressed in leaps and bounds and has been providing an exemplary service to its members and the wider community.
We operate on International Credit Union (ICU) Principles which include:
- Open and Voluntary Membership
- Democratic Control
Service to Members
- Savings and Loans – (Free Insurance Coverage)
- Distribution to Members – (Dividends & Bonuses)
- Building Financial Stability – (Capital & Reserves)
- On-going Education and Training
- Co-operation with other Co-operatives
- Human and Social Development
- Concern for Community
Who Qualify For Membership
Individuals and organisations, that meet any one (1) of the following criteria:
- Citizens or Nationals of St. Kitts and Nevis (resident in the Federation or Overseas)
- Non-Nationals who live, work or own property in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis
- Co-operative Societies, Institutions, Corporations, Companies and Associations that are registered and operating in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis
How We Operate
We encourage members to invest in shares and fixed deposits for their long term security and to save for short-term goals in one of our many deposit accounts. Pooled investments and savings are used primarily to provide loans to members/customers for provident (personal) and productive (business) purposes at competitive rates of interest, and on reasonable terms.
Our Vision Statement
To be the premier financial institution of members
Our Mission Statement
To be the most efficient provider of Credit Union products and services that create financial security for our members
- Integrity – Taking a stand for the truth, speaking honestly and openly, treating others with respect and developing trust by doing as we say we will and following through on our commitment.
- Passion – Having a positive attitude, approaching all tasks with energy and enthusiasm, recognising and celebrating individual, group and organisational success.
- Enthusiam For Change – Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to our work, looking for ways to be innovative and creative in all that we do.
- Relationships – Always deepening the partnerships we have with our stakeholders through open communication and compassion and through the delivery of quality products and services to our members and customers.
- Continuous Learning – A belief that we must learn to grow and that we can best learn by trying new things and exploring our environment through a new experience, involvement with others and a positive outlook.
- Social Responsibility – Contributing to the society in which we live through corporate policies that reflect the needs of our community and involvement in programmes that support the social, economic and environmental well-being of us all.
- People – Recognising that each individual has his own set of values and honouring those values within the framework of our organisation. Allowing each person to find his own balance and encouraging a life that is fulfilling in many ways.
|Name of Organisation||Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited (NCCU)|
|Date of Registration||July 25, 1972|
|Number of Account-Holders||5,382|
|Number of Shareholders||3,733|
|Number of Employees||18 – (Full-Time) & 2 – (Part-Time)|
|Total Assets||$46.9 Million|
|Total Loans (Net)||$36.5 Million|
|Total Deposits||$39.4 Million|
|Share Capital||$1.9 Million|
|Instutitional Capital||$3.6 Million|
|Regulators||Department of Co-operatives, St. Kitts-Nevis|
Financial Services Regulatory Department, St. Kitts-Nevis
|Auditors||Simmonds and Associates, St. Kitts|
|Solicitors||Caines Legal Chambers, Nevis|
|Bankers||RBTT Bank (SKN) Limited|
The Bank of Nevis Limited
FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited
St. Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla National Bank Limited
|Software Providers||FedComp Inc., USA|
|Website Developer/Host||Open Interactives, St. Kitts|